DATAVITA ANNOUNCES GXP COMPLIANT DATACENTRE HOSTING FOR LIFE SCIENCE, BIOTECH AND HEALTHCARE SECTOR
DataVita, Scotland’s premier datacentre provider, has announced this week that the Fortis datacentre is now GxP compliant, creating a specialist offering for Life Science, Biotech and Healthcare organisations. It has selected CompliancePath, a specialist GxP consultancy, to deliver the compliance and validation services.
GxP is a generic term for the compliance and validation process required by Life Science, Biotech and Healthcare organisations that host regulated data or critical applications. GxP compliance ensures that they are secure and always ready for audit and inspection against US 21 CFR Part 11 Electronic Record and Signatures, US & EU GMP Regulations, Health & Life Science impacting ISO guidelines, Eudralex Vol 4. Annex 11, MHRA guidelines and standards, NHS guideline and standards, The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), The Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act.
Gareth Lush, Commercial Director for DataVita said – “We are very excitied about this announcement and our appointment of CompliancePath as they have a proven track record of delivering these services in the US. It means DataVita now has a unique offering for customers in the Life Science, Biotech and Healthcare sectors that removes the regulatory burden and enables hosting of IT services in a co-location datacentre.”
Hugh Devine, Managing Director of CompliancePath says – “After successfully proving our business model in the US, we were looking to enable our European customers with the same compelling combination of a validated GxP datacentre and our expertise to help customers transition services and maintain compliance. The GxP Hosting Service from DataVita includes everything a customer in the Life Science, Biotech and Healthcare sectors needs to meet their regulatory requirements in the datacentre, allowing them to focus on their core business.”
With the NHS moving towards Digital Health and Biotech/Life Science firms under increasing regulatory demands the need for GxP compliance and validation services is increasing at a rate that is outpacing the available expertise. DataVita’s model of an on demand validated datacentre solution is the way forward to ease the pressure and allow the customers to focus on delivering their services.
For further information, please contact:
Gareth Lush, Commercial Director, DataVita
Hugh Devine, Managing Director, CompliancePath
NOTES TO EDITOR
- Datavita, a new Scottish business operating from Fortis, Scotland’s next generation green datacentre
- Facility went live in October 2016
- Fortis is Scotland’s largest and most energy efficient purpose built datacentre
- 100,000 sq. ft. facility with capacity for 2000 racks powered by 100% renewable energy sources
- Scotland’s cool climate will help customers of the datacentre achieve up to 40% reduction in power costs and up to 95% reduction in carbon emissions
- DataVita aim to create 50 high value skilled jobs over the next 5 years
- To find out more about DataVita, visit www.datavita.co.ukor follow the company on LinkedIn (search DataVita), Twitter (@Datavita_Tweets), Google+ (search DataVita) or Instagram (datavitamarketing). You can also follow the DataVita blog (www.datavitablog.com).
DATACENTRE BIOTECH HEALTHCARE LIFE SCIENCE COMPLIANCE PA